Monday, November 3, 2008

Show me your guns...

I usually don't give up my Sunday yoga afternoons for just anything, but yesterday I opted out to demolish pumpkins at my friend's farm in Griswold, IA...with a 20-gauge shotgun. 
Not as swank as the Versace Machine gun shown left (photo courtesy of www.rotoevil.com), but it still had enough kick to leave bruises on the inside of my right shoulder.
I'd never shot a gun before; I never even let the boys I babysit play or pretend to play with guns.
The gun was a lot heavier than I thought, and I had to be shown how to load and shoot it. I also had a hard time hitting my target because the gun kicked back so hard...honestly I had never felt more like a girl in my entire life, but the day was so beautiful and the opportunity so beckoning I couldn't pass up an afternoon of shooting pumpkins and cans.
Not that I would ever wish for a situation to use these weapons, but they make me want to have my own graphic novel. 

No comments: