Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Obama for fashion, or fashion for Obama?

While on Barack Obama's campaign site earlier today, I discovered that he has quite the (fashion) designer endorsement. I mean, it makes sense that he would be popular with the young, creative class, but I guess I've been living under a rock because I was astonished to see prominent designers like Nanette Lepore, Vera Wang, Alexander Wang, and Zac Posen with custom Obama T-shirt designs for sale. Not to mention tote bags by Marc Jacobs, Diane von Furstenberg and Rag and Bone, among others. 
My favorite shirt is probably the white racer back tank by Alexander Wang ($45) that says "Change", although if I was still in my Juicy Couture days I would have picked their "Dude Where's the Hope" tee ($60). 
I also like the Rag and Bone tote that says "Change is Awesome" ($75), but was disappointed with editorial darling Marc Jacobs's lame "Obama '08" tote ($75). 
I tended to favor designs without the campaign logo, but not because it's a bad design. 
If you're looking for poor design, visit the McCain store and while you're at it buy a Bikers for McCain bandana ($8). 

No comments: