Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Fashion by Chance"

I'm lucky not to have class on Tuesdays, but the downside is that I'm usually doing homework (or at least worrying about homework) from the time I wake up in the morning until I finally get to bed around 2 a.m. 
The upside: I actually have time to get ready for the day. 
Today I wore white lace tank top (dates back from 7th grade when Abercrombie was actually cool) under a men's blue plaid shirt with snaps for buttons (that I think came from an old co-worker), my trusty Banana Republic chino jeans, and silver ballet flats that I got from Target last fall. I also put a white sweater with black details in my bag in case I got chilly. 
I went to Aromas Coffeehouse to do some homework, worked for a few hours and then took a break to go to Second Chance Antiques with my friend Kevin when he got off work. I found a necklace (see picture) that hits right at my breastbone, that encases an Estée Lauder jelly perfume ($6).  

"Vintage, so cute." 

I went back to Aromas and couldn't decide whether to put my sweater on under or over my plaid shirt (big deal, I know). My friend and Aromas regular, Anthony, suggested I flip a coin. If it was heads, I'd wear it over and if it was tails, I'd wear it under. 
And there you have it, fashion by chance.  

No comments: