Monday, October 6, 2008

I would be gay for her...

Jenny Lewis, an indie/folk singer based out of California, released her latest solo album Acid Tongue September 23rd. Not only does she have an intoxicating voice and catchy, provocative lyrics, but she's got incredible stage presence and impeccable style. 
Her last solo album was released with the Watson Twins in 2006, and I remember watching them sway in perfect rhythm at the Sokol Auditorium show, almost like they were mirror images on either side of Lewis.  
Lewis performed with her other band, Rilo Kiley, formally of Saddle Creek Records, last May supporting their 2007 album Under the Blacklight. [Trivia fact: I was able to see the sold out show after a certain boss of mine made friends with her manager!] Lewis wore a blue haltered romper cinched with a skinny belt, shiny tan dance tights and what appeared to be vintage heels. 
photo courtesy of www.instantcast.com


                                            
I'm so dorky, I wore my own version of her romper inspired outfit to work the next day (American Apparel Tri-blend Halter Romper in Athletic Blue, $28) .

Tonight I had the opportunity to see the front-woman make an appearance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien performing "Acid Tongue" off her album of the same name. She wore cuffed wide-legged jeans, a navy, sleeveless polka dot top and a black fedora. She played acoustic guitar while her five band members sang backup. I think this was the first time I've seen her in jeans!  

Lewis was last in Omaha playing with Conor Oberst September 20th at the Anchor Inn.  


1 comment:

Anna Rose said...

Totally agree. I have minor obsession with her, and I love Acid Tongue very much. I can't wait for her to come back to Omaha!