Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Embrace it, Fear It

Embrace it, fear it: The wise words of Regina George from 2004's Mean Girls, and a definitive description of several different facets in my life right now.
I'm moving to New York in June and am FREAKING out how I'm going to afford living there. One part of me is terrified of having to leave my comfort zone and getting off my parents insurance, while the other half can't wait to be submerged into the rejuvenating creative energy of New York City.
When the time comes, I'll be ready...embracing and working to solve whatever curve balls are thrown at me, but still fearing to stay afloat. The perfect balance of idealistic optimism and conservative decision making.
If fate had a say...meeting my best friend and future roommate in New York while working for a former fashion editor in Omaha, Nebraska, I'm headed in the right direction.
Like my friend John Van says, "Here comes the Flood."

(Embrace it, Fear it!)

No comments: