Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweatfest 2009

Master masher, Gregg Gillis, a.k.a. Girl Talk spun Friday night at the Slowdown to a drippy, sweaty crowd. 
Security was so tight that it took about 12 minutes to get into the venue. There were a lot of underage kids trying to use their fakes. Obviously, they didn't know that it is impossible to drink underage at the Slowdown (I should know :/). After getting my wristband slapped on, I waltzed in to Girl Talk taking the stage. It wasn't 30 seconds before the stage was flooded with grinders and groovers trying to get as close as they could to Mr. Gillis. Girl Talk was probably the most fun I've had at the Slowdown since the infamous monthly Goo parties of 2007. 
Gillis really knows how to read crowds, keeping a steady current of energy flowing for the duration of his set. I just don't know how he put up with several teenage girls in American Eagle henleys and jeans constantly petting his body the whole time. 
But I guess hard work (dancing) pays off because I got to take a picture with Gregg after the show. Yes that's toilet paper on my head, it was working at the time....the place was covered with it. 
Here is a picture of me and my Aroma's co-workers. From left Boss Jeff, Kate and Kevin. Thanks to Jeff for the photos. 

And no, I didn't shower until the next day. 

No comments: